Surprise! Turtleduck Press has a new anthology out. Love Shines Through: A Fractured World Anthology is set in the same world as City of Hope and Ruin (the novel by Kit Campbell and me) but several hundred years earlier–only a few generations after the cataclysmic war that shattered the world into multiple dimensions. It features diverse romance stories by all four Turtleduck Press authors. All the details are below, after our beautiful cover. *drools*
The world was whole before the war.
But war is a terrible thing, and terrible things are done in the name of defense and protection. And this war tore the world apart, fractured it, separated families and lives and dreams. The reasons why no longer matter, but the effects still linger. They cause pain, though the war is over.
But despite the monsters and the poisons and the despair, there is a glimmer of light. And hope and love are not gone from the world.
These four stories, set in the Fractured World, explore how light can make it through the darkness. How hope can conquer fear. And most of all, how love can still flourish, even when the world is bleak.
A young woman braves monsters to see the sky.
A reluctant man chooses forgiveness over suffering.
Lovers reunite to save a child and their community.
Best friends risk everything for each other.
Come see the light for yourselves.
Table of contents
- “Dream of Lions” by KD Sarge — F/F (lesbian) romance, set in the City
- “The Forest and the Fog” by Kit Campbell — M/F (straight) romance, set in the outside world
- “The Shadow of the World” by Siri Paulson — M/NB (male/nonbinary) romance, set in the City
- “Of Poison and Promises” by Erin Zarro — F/F romance, set in the outside world
Want to read more about Love Shines Through? (stay tuned for updates!)
- An excerpt from my story, read aloud by the fabulous Angel Martinez
- An excerpt from KD’s story, on the website Queer Sci Fi
- NEW: An excerpt from Erin’s story, on a blog called Kittenwylde by Marie Brown
Want more Fractured World stories?
- City of Hope and Ruin is the novel that started it all. Read an excerpt here.
- Get City of Hope and Ruin and four other LGBTQIA romances for free in April when you join QueeRomance Ink–a site built to help readers find exactly the types of queer romance books they want to read.
- “A Constant Companion” by Kit Campbell is a short prequel to the novel, featuring one of the two central characters, Briony.
- “Brothers” by Siri Paulson is a side story to the novel, featuring a secondary character, Astrolabe.