I’ve been on a long-weekend holiday with family, so just a quick blog post today. (ROW80 update at the bottom.)
Tomorrow is Earth Day, an event dating to the 1970s whose purpose is to draw attention to environmental concerns (like the more recent Earth Hour). I’ve written before about books for Earth Day, so this time I’d like to turn it over to you.
What books would be on your recommended reading list for Earth Day?
They can be cautionary tales from science fiction. They can be stories (fiction or otherwise) about living close to the land. They can be how-to books about urban farming. Or whatever…you decide. I’d love to hear from you!
In writing news, I squeaked past my weekly goal of 1.5 hours. Back on track!
In renovation news:
- the AC installation is finished — awaiting one final visit to turn on and “tune” the system
- the drywall “bulkheads” are all painted — most to blend in, one to stand out (purple feature wall in the dining room!)
- the kitchen has been used for cooking — it’s still missing some key pieces, like a dishrack and a garbage bin, but it’s getting there
- the landscaping is continuing — the chain-link fence in the front and some “weed” trees have come down, and the beds in the front are all cleared of junk (and tulips are coming up!)
In exercise news, I’ve done:
- lots of stair-climbing while cleaning up for family visit over Easter
- lots of walking with family — 3 km Friday, 4 km Saturday, 2.2 km Sunday (and 3 km today, but that counts for the coming week)
I’m trying to gear up for a family hiking trip at the end of July, but this weekend’s walking has shown me I have a looong way to go!